I’m a fifth-year Ph.D. candidate at the University of Washington Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering. I work mostly in programming languages (PLSE group), but I enjoy collaborating with friends in molecular systems (MISL), and machine learning systems (SAMPL).
I’m currently working on
egg, a toolkit for program optimization and synthesis
powered by e-graphs and equality saturation.
We’ve applied it to some really fun domains like
improving floating point accuracy,
shrinking 3D models,
linear algebra optimization.
I’ve also worked on programming models for microfluidic chips. The Puddle framework aims to provide a safer, easier way to program these devices, which promise to make labs-on-a-chip (LoCs) scalable and affordable.
- 2020 Oct
- 2020 Jun
- 2020 Mar
- Some friends and I wrote a fun paper about synthesizing 3D CAD models. It will appear (virtually!) at PLDI 2020.
- 2019 Dec
- I passed my generals exam, so I’m now a PhD candidate!
- 2019 Oct
- 2019 Apr
- I’m very excited to be speaking at the Biochips Summer School at CU Boulder. I’ll be joining a bunch of other exciting speakers to talk about building, programming, and using digital microfluidic devices. Check it out!
- The Allen School put together a nice news piece on some of our recent work, including our ASPLOS and Nature Communications papers.
- 2019 Mar
- 2019 Jan
- I’m super excited to be co-teaching CSE 351 this quarter with Luis! This course covers the hardware-software interface including C, assembly, virtual memory, caches, and so on.
- Some folks in the MISL group put together a paper about our vision of a hybrid molecular-electronic computing platform. It’s in the January 2019 issue of the Proceedings of the IEEE.
POPL 2021, July 2020
IEEE Micro 2020, July 2020
PLDI 2020, March 2020
ICCAD 2019, November 2019Invited Paper
Nature Communications, April 2019
WACI at ASPLOS 2019, April 2019
ASPLOS 2019, April 2019
Proceedings of the IEEE, January 2019Invited paper
IEEE TCAD, October 2018
OBT at POPL, January 2018
Fourth International Workshop on Linearity, June 2016
Senior Honors Thesis, May 2016Designated as Exemplary Thesis by the senior thesis award committee